Using the email facility provided in Tally.ERP 9, you can e-mail reports and documents such as invoices, purchase orders, statement of accounts and email reminder letters without using external emailing software.
To email a report from Tally.ERP 9 execute the following steps:
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statement of Accounts > Outstanding > Ledger
- Select the required Ledger Account from the List of Ledger Accounts.
- Click M: Email on the button bar.
- The Mailing Ledger Outstanding form is displayed based on the information provided during the creation of company master. Press Backspace or No to change / modify the parameters, if required, or select Yes to accept.
- The E-mail Server field is highlighted, enter the name of your SMTP server followed by the port number (smtp.gmail.com:465). It is mandatory to enter the SMTP server name for the first time. Subsequently, Tally.ERP 9 will display the SMTP server name automatically. (For further details on SMTP, you may contact the service provider or network administrator)
- By default the From field displays the name of the company that was entered during Company Creation and stored in the company masters.
- The From E-mail Address field displays the e-mail address entered while creating the company. Enter your email address, if you have not done so or if you want to change the id.
- In case the mail server requires authentication, enter the user name and password in Authentication User Name and Password fields respectively. (Please contact the System Administrator for further details)
- By default, Use SSL is set to No. Set this option to Yes if you want to correspond over a secured network send mails using external mail servers. (For further details contact the System Administrator)
- In the Format field; select any one of the available formats to view/print the report.
- Select the required resolution, recommended is 1024 x 768
- In the filed To Email Address, enter the required email address.
- Provide an e-mail address in CC To (if Any) field in case you want to send a copy of the same mail to more than one recipient.
- By default, the Subject line is filled in or the user can re-enter the subject as required.
- In the Additional Text (if any) field, you can type a message to the recipient which will precede the report in the recipient’s mail program.
- In the Information Sent field select the required Mail Sending type.
- Include Post-Dated Transactions? – Set this option to Yes to include post-dated transactions.
- Show overdue using Bill Date? – Set this option to Yes to show bill date in report.
- Range of Bills to show – Select All Bills or Overdue Bills or Pending Bills from the range of bills.
- Format – Select the required format to display the report.
- Show Qty Info in Detailed Format? – Set this option to Yes to display the break-up of quantity.
- Show bills of the following type – To display a category of bill, select the required bill type from the Types of Bill list.
- Show Bills in Foreign Exchange – Set this option to Yes to display a transaction in a currency other than the base currency, if any.
- Accept to Mail the ledger account details to the client.
and its all done!
if you have large number of employees, this feature will help you to send salary slip through email and will save stationery cost also
Don’t hesitate to share your experience on the matter about sending email from your tally.